Arkivator AB has been ISO 14001 certified since 2005. The foundation of our commitment is to act in a resource efficient way at all times.
Everything is based on our environmental review which we implement as an Environment-FMEA. From the FMEA we have defined our environmental aspects, i.e. our impacts on the environment. We use a model that has defined an index for each type of environmental impact known as an ELU number (Environmental Load Unit). Based on these ELU numbers we can rank our environmental aspects. The four environmental objectives we have chosen to work with are electricity consumption, transport, recycling and district heating consumption.
- We have installed cooling units for ventilation and machines that use a technique called free cooling. We take the cold from the air when the outside temperature falls below 10 degrees, which means the cooling compressor does not need to work.
- We have installed compressed air compressors that have speed control and are connected to a central control. This reduces electricity consumption.
Installed motion detectors for areas that risk having lights unnecessarily switched on.
- All hot water is generated by the excess energy from compressed air compressors.
- Optimisation of fan systems.
- Actively work to optimise transport with increased filling ratio for transport lorries.
- Better planning in the factory in order to reduce the number of courier vehicles.
- Working with improvement groups in all departments to reduce rejects. The result means a 40 % reduction in rejected parts within the Arkivator Industry business area from 2008 to 2009.
- We heat the properties in Falköping and Tidaholm with district heating. The installation has meant a reduction of around 90 m³ in oil consumption per year.